This means that in future the mouldings that used to be listed under Frinton will now be listed under Wessex.
Only one update file will be issued (WessexMouldings.xls).
So, how can we get the program (WPP4) to sort this out?
Fortunately it is quite simple.
- Make sure your version of the program is at least 4.4.7 (To find out which version you have click on "Help", then "About").
- Preferably before you run the update mouldings routine you need to change the name of the supplier from "Frinton" to "Wessex".
- "Setup" > "Options" and choose the "Database" tab.
- The top left frame is Database Utilities - click the "OK...." button.
- Take a copy of the Database "just-in-case".
- Go to the third frame down and select "Change Supplier Name".
- Select "Frinton" from the list of suppliers, and click "OK". You'll will be prompted to enter the new name (in this case it is "Wessex"). Click "OK".
- All the Frinton records in your database now have Wessex as the supplier. - Job done!
- Now you can run the update mouldings routine using the latest WessexMouldings update file.
- NB. If you have tried to run the update before changing the supplier name, you will find that a lot of mouldings have "failed to be added". This is because the Id (which must be unique) of those mouldings is used under the Frinton supplier name. Simply run the update again after you have changed the supplier name from Frinton to Wessex.